Recently Edison Foard was honored with winning the Steel Toe Contractor of The Year award. Below is a press release from the organization explaining the award criteria.
“Over a year ago the North Carolina Subcontractors Alliance wanted to recognize Contractors in the Charlotte community who stood above the rest in their commitment to and work with the Charlotte Subcontracting community. The Board of Directors reached out to 3 likeminded organizations (The Charlotte Chapter of The National Association of Women in Construction, the Metrolina Minority Contractors Association and the Professional Construction Estimators Association) and presented the idea of honoring outstanding Contractors. The BOD of each organization received the idea with much enthusiasm and the Charlotte Contractors Coalition was born.
The Charlotte Construction Coalition consists of four organizations of construction professionals who support the growth and development of the construction industry in the Charlotte area. We all share the following goals for our members:
- Continuing Education for members and future members
- Networking among members and other construction professionals
- Advocacy at the local, state and national level
- Job opportunities
- Community service
Throughout the year the Coalition joined together to produce and host the 1st Annual Subcontractors Awards Program –The Steel Toe Boot Awards. Nominations were solicited from contractors all over the Greater Charlotte Area, with nominations for General Contractor of the year being based upon the following criteria, as well as additional commentary from those nominating.
General Contractor of the Year
This award recognizes the best General Contractor. One award will be presented. Criteria to consider:
- Best business practices
- Supports diversity on the job
- Presents job information in a clear, concise manner
- Maintains a clean, safe jobsite
- Maintains good subcontractor relations
- Community involvement
- Promotes safety on the job
- Presents clear and complete pay app procedures
- Solicits value engineering from subcontractors and supplies
- Participates and supports professional construction organizations
Edison Foard is a clear favorite among nominating companies and we are delighted to honor Edison Foard as the very first General Contractor of the Year for the Charlotte Construction Coalition. We appreciate your commitment to construction excellence!!”
Photos: Art Rouse (Binswanger Glass and the NCSA.)